Here are the Top 10 tourist attractions in Ekiti State and their locations, this sites are a must visit for all.
Ekiti State is one of the six major Yoruba states in Nigeria, and this state is well known for its hills and gift of nature. Ekiti State is located in the south-west geopolitical zone of Nigeria, and was carved out of Ondo State in the year 1996. There are currently 16 local government areas in Ekiti State, and these are Ado-Ekiti (the capital), Aiyedire, Efon, Ekiti-East, Ekiti Southwest, Ekiti-West, Emure, Ido-Osi, Ijero, Ikere, Ikole, Ilejemeje, Irepodun/Ifelodun, Ise-Orun, Moba and Oye.
If you are one who loves to travel and want to try out a visit to Ekiti State, there are so many travel destinations in the state and you are sure to find many places of interest to visit.
We at Ekitidefender.com have carried out careful research and compiled a list of the top 10 travel destinations in Ekiti State today. The tourist sites listed on this page are surely to interest you and leave great memories with you.
List of the top 10 tourist sites in Ekiti State today
Please note that this list of the top 10 tourist sites in Ekiti has not been arranged in any particular order and all the tourist sites in this post are one of the best you can find around.
1. Ero Dam & Lake: This tourist site is located at Ikun Ekiti and covers about 11km. The indigenes of the town, neighbours and Hausa fish on this Ero Dam & Lake. Local canoes, boats and modern speed boats are made use by these fishermen. A visit to this site is going to be interesting.
2. Fajuyi Memorial Park: Am sure you must have heard about late Colonel Adekunle Fajuyi who was Killed along with General Aguiyi Ironsi, former Head of State in a Military coup in 1966. This memorial park is located in Ado-Ekiti, where he was buried.
3. Ipole-Iloro Waterfall: Waterfalls are fun to visit and this one is located on the other side of the Effon Ridge, away from the better-known Erin-Ijesha, and this site is worth stopping by if passing.
4. Ikogosi Warm Springs: This is one of the too tourist sites in Nigeria and it is located at Ikogosi, Ekiti West LGA. This unique site is popular because the spring is a confluence of hot spring and cold spring meeting at a point and then flowing down as a single stream.
5. Osun River Source: The Osun River Source is located in Igede-Ekiti in Irepodun/Ifelodun LGA. The river is worshiped by the people of Osogbo in Osun state with fun fair as a goddess that cures infertility and gives children. Want to explore? Then visit this site.
6. Esa Cave, Iyin-Ekiti: Located in Iyin-Ekiti in Irepodun/Ifelodun LGA, this cave is capable of containing about thirty four thousand people at a time and it is believed to have shielded the people of the town during the internecine wars in Yoruba land. This is a great site to explore the rich Yoruba history.
7. Ewi’s Palace, Ado Ekiti: The Ewi’s palace, Ado Ekiti is an epitome of traditional architectural edifice, and offers a big opportunity for you to learn more about the cultural heritage of Ekiti people.
8. Orole Hills, Ikere Ekiti: Are you in search of a perfect sightseeing, picnicking and mountaineering in Ekiti, then the Orole Hills, located in Ikere is a cool spot for you. Myth has it that the hill was formerly a woman who was worshipped and is still worshipped as a goddess of prosperity in the town.
9. Olosunta Hills, Ikere Ekiti: Another hill in Ikere Ekiti, another top tourist site. The Ugele hill which is situated besides the Olosunta hill has a cave that could take one thousand people; a big space used in the past for wrestling.
10. Erin Ayonigba Sacred Fish River, Erinjiyan-Ekiti: Finally on this list of the top 10 tourist sites in Ekiti State, is Erin Ayonigba Sacred Fish river. This site is known for a colony of sacred catfish, not consumable and highly forbidden.
There you have it on this post “Top 10 tourist attractions in Ekiti State that you must visit.” Have fun.