Here are 16 facts about the Former Governor Of Ekiti State and the current Minister of Solid Minerals Development you need to know.
1. His full Name is kayode Fayemi John
2. He was born on 9th of February 1965
3. He was born in Ibadan, Oyo State. But grew up in Ado Ekiti and attended Christ’s school Ado Ekiti, Ekiti state
4. Fayemi had his first and second degree in history, politics and international relations from the University of Lagos and Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, and his Doctorate in war studies from king’s College, University of London, England, specializing in civil –military relations.
5. Dr. Fayemi is happily married to Olabisi and the union is blessed with a son – Folajimi Amandla
6. Dr. Fayemi was once a journalist with The Guardian Newspaper and City Tempo in UK
7. Dr. Fayemi has lectured in Nigeria Police Training College, Sokoto Nigeria
8. Dr. Fayemi is a writer, he has written extensively on governance and democratization, civil-military relations and security sector issues in Africa.
9. Kayode Fayemi is a Fellow of the Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies, University of Ibadan.
10. Dr. Fayemi was once Research Officer, African Research and Information Bureau, London, UK.
11. Dr.Fayemi once served as an Adviser on Transitional Justice, Regional Integration, Constitutionalism, Security Sector Reform and Civil- Military Relations Issues to the Government of Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Uganda, Rwanda and Ghana.
12. He was the Secretary General, Media Empowerment for Africa (The Radio Foundation) 1995–1997
13. Dr. Fayemi ran for the Ekiti state governorship election in the 2007 elections on the platform of the action congress party and won
14. Was sworn in as Governor of Ekiti state on October 16, 2010 and completed his tenure on October 15,2014
15. Fayemi was also the first governor in Nigeria to sign into law the Freedom of Information Act on Monday, 4 July 2011.
16. Dr. Fayemi is currently the Minister of Solid Minerals Development.
What else do you know about Kayode fayemi. Tell us?